Sunday 18 June 2017

Review: All I Am: Drew's Story (This Man #3.5) by Jodi Ellen Malpas



*****5 STARS*****



I have to start by saying that the This Man trilogy still remains my favourite series EVER and Jesse Ward is still my number one book boyfriend. The way This Man Confessed ended was perfect for me and I have to be brutally honest and say I was a little worried when I heard Drew was getting his own story. I wasn't sure it would ever live up to my expectations. What actually happened was not only a perfect way to revisit Jesse and Ava, but also a chance to get to know Drew.

I didn't know a great deal about Drew, prior to reading this book. I always got the impression that he was the least likely of the 'This Man' guys to settle down, but a chance encounter with Raya pretty much makes him rethink everything he ever thought.

I loved Drew... I really love that he has a 'piercing'. I loved Raya, althoughI would have loved it even more if there had been at least one chapter from her perspective, as I think I would have got to know her a lot better. Ilove the fact that this book is set in London and despite it being such a short story, I felt that the pace of the book was perfect. I'm just sad that the book had to end because once again I have had to say goodbye to some of my favourite characters ever, but what a perfect HEA once again.




Reviewed by Louise Dale 




A new novella featuring Drew from the #1 New York Times bestselling This Man trilogy!

Jodi:
I’ve been revisiting a few old friends. You remember Drew? The dark, mysterious pal of Jesse’s? The cool guy, who kept himself to himself? Yes, him! It’s time for Drew to shine in a brand-spanking-new THIS MAN Novella coming June 18th! I can’t tell you how much fun I've had going back to my roots, and I just know you're gonna LOVE Mr Davies. I hope a little something while you're waiting for THE FORBIDDEN (Aug 8th) will put a smile on your face as wide as mine ☺

I thought I had control. I was so, so wrong . . .

I don’t need a relationship. 
I have Hux, a decadent club where I quench whatever raw desire I choose. I take pleasure and I give it—no strings attached. So when Raya Rivers comes in asking for someone cold, emotionless, and filthy . . . well, no man ever takes his wicked pleasure quite the way I do. 
Only Raya is different. Vulnerable. And carrying some deep sorrow that gets past all my carefully constructed walls and inexplicably makes me care. Now craving controls me. Ice has given way to red-hot need. 
But Raya has no idea about my other life—my real life. That I’m a daddy to an adorable little girl. 
My two worlds are about to collide with the force of a supernova. And once Raya knows the truth, will she be able to accept all I am? 












No comments:

Post a Comment