Thursday 15 June 2017

Review: Bad Penny by Staci Hart



*****5 STARS*****




I loved this book! Bad Penny is easily hands down my favorite Staci Hart book to date, it also happens to be one of the funniest and hottest books she has written. This one is going right to the top of my summer must reads recommendation list!

Penny is my new favorite female lead. She is brash, free spirited, opinionated and lives by her own set of rules. The most important one being she doesn't date anyone past the third date when things start to venture into more serious territory. It keeps things uncomplicated and protects everyone from getting hurt.

Enter Bodie. He's sexy, amazing in bed, smart, funny and really hard to walk away from after only three nights. Bodie is the stuff of book boyfriend dreams and I totally understood why he made Penny break her rule. Anyone would in her position. Only problem is, once rules get broken it gets hard for her to be as unaffected as she outwardly appears. For all Penny's brashness and larger than life personality, she's sweet and afraid to be hurt or rejected. Can Bodie be the man to help her realize, some people are worth the risk?

This was such a fun read! I enjoyed it more than I can explain. I adored Penny and Bodie and there was the perfect amount of emotion, sexiness and humor. Highly, highly recommended. This is a perfect beach or vacation read!




Reviewed by Rosemary Feil 





Nothing good comes after the third date.

Date three is the crucial point when things get real, which is exactly why I bounce out the door, twiddling my fingers at whatever poor boy I’ve left behind. Because if I stick around, one of three things will happen: he’ll profess his undying love, he’ll get weird and stalky, or I’ll go crazy. Like, Sid and Nancy crazy. Like, chase-him-through-the-streets-begging-him-to-love-me crazy. 

Seriously, it’s better for everyone this way.

So when I meet Bodie, I figure it’ll be the same as it ever was. It doesn’t matter that he doesn’t put a single string on me. Doesn’t matter that he’s funny and smart and jacked or that he can play my body like a grand piano. Because even though I’m built for love, love has only carved me up like a Christmas ham.

Resistance is something I can only hang on to for so long, and he has persistence in spades. But my heart isn’t as safe as I want to believe, and neither is his. And the second I ignore my cardinal rule is the second I stand to lose him forever.














No comments:

Post a Comment