Tuesday 13 June 2017

Review: Dangerous Rush (Furious Rush #2) by S.C. Stephens


****4 STARS****



I remember being incredibly confused at the ending of book one and I am happy to say that this second instalment continues where the last one left us hanging. 

Now it was Kenzie who frustrated me in the first book. I felt her character was too weak to be a likeable heroine, however she really became so much stronger in this story. I'd go so far as to say she finally grew a set of balls. 

We get to know Hayden so much more in this book, due to the chapters being told almost alternately in both Kenzie and Hayden's point of view. Yes he was still hot, as I'd stated in my review of book one, but with the appearance of Felicia, he had become this indecisive, confused guy that I wasn't really sure I liked anywhere near as much as I did. But I do get that his feelings and confusion was needed for this story and I loved that his character was so much more three dimensional compared to before.

Now it was the protagonists in this book that evoked the most feeling from me. Felicia and Keith especially had me thinking of all sorts of ways Kenzie could exact revenge. 

Overall, I did feel this book was slightly better than the first book, but I really did want to feel that level of angst that I had from reading the authors, Thoughtless series and I'm afraid that SC Stephens may have set the bar just a little too high. This was a very enjoyable read all the same.



Reviewed by Louise Dale 





Feeling the rush comes with a price...

Mackenzie Cox has lost everything—except Hayden Hayes. With Kenzie's racing career over, and her family no longer speaking to her, Hayden has been her rock, as she tries to pick up the pieces of what was once her life.

But when Hayden's racing team hires his beautiful ex-girlfriend, Felicia, to be their new hotshot rider, Kenzie and Hayden's seemingly solid relationship begins to crack. Kenzie can only watch from the sidelines, as Felicia lives the life she was forced to leave behind, and as tension begins to build between Hayden and Kenzie, she wonders if Hayden isn’t the man she once knew. 












No comments:

Post a Comment