Monday 12 June 2017

Review: My Roommates Girl by Julianna Keyes


****4 STARS****




Well I was really pleasantly surprised by this book. I think because it was my first book by this author that I didn't really know what to expect.

I'm not going to rehash the story because tbh I went in blind I didn't even read the blurb properly. In the beginning I hated the characters Aiden was a right douchebag wanting things that didn't belong to him and destroying people's lives in the process wasn't a problem for him. Jerry was like a boring robot who didn't know what having a life was and Aster came across as very fake, which I suppose she was in the beginning but only due to thinking she had to put a pretend persona up to get the free pass to the career she wanted to train for. In the end though all 3 characters learned valuable lessons and became very likeable indeed. I totally fell in love with Aiden by the end.

The book started off well and had me hooked but then the middle of the book began to sink for me because not much was happening but alas it wasn't long before it picked up pace and things started happening. Just when I didn't know where the book could go from that point there was a couple of twists where events led to a lot changing and characters growing up and for me it's a bonus because i love seeing characters mature and grow throughout their journey.

The writing itself flows well and with what seems like little effort although I know authors put their heart and soul into their writing. I will definitely be reading more from this author and look forward to seeing what Julianna Keyes writes next.



Reviewed by Claire Lamb 




The day a judge gave me the choice between going to prison or going to college was the day I vowed to stop stealing. Never again would I see something beautiful and beyond my means and take it, just because I wanted it. Just because I could.

When I moved in with Jerry, it was with good intentions. I needed a place to live while I got my degree, and he needed a roommate. 

Then I saw Aster.

Blond and beautiful, good, pure, sweet, smart…and Jerry’s girlfriend. She was everything I never thought I could have. Except…maybe I can.

So I put a plan into action. Yeah, I’d probably go to hell, but it would be worth it. I wanted Aster. I wanted her yesterday and tomorrow and every possible way.

But you know what they say.

Be careful what you wish for…because you just might get it.










No comments:

Post a Comment